RCDN as a Response to Challenges
RCDN responds to the poor performance of the water and sanitation service sector by addressing the limited number of sufficiently trained and qualified staff in local government units and water utilities. RCDN capacity development products have a strong potential for strengthening the capacities of local government units and water utilities to deliver higher quality services. The RCDN products are:
- Qualitative and innovative, built from the regional and international best practices but tailored to the local needs;
- Targeting both local government units and water utilities and thus enhancing their cooperation;
- Delivered by associations of local government units and associations of water utilities according to the same quality standards in the whole region;
- More affordable due to better efficiency and building on replication and upscaling of current initiatives in the region;
- Cost-effective as they provide excellent value for money.